Booking Your Hunt
- All hunts are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will hold your reservation for no more than ten days without a deposit.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required. Balance is due 30 days prior to hunt on some hunts and due upon arrival on other hunts. Balances that are being paid upon arrival must be paid with cash, cashiers check, or travelers checks. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Deposits are non-refundable, unless hunter can be replaced at full price. It is not McCrea Outdoors obligation to replace hunter if cancellation takes place.
Preparing For Your Hunt
- Being mentally and physically prepared for your hunt will help ensure that everyone, including McCrea Outdoors camp staff, will have a most enjoyable and productive hunt.
- Practice shooting. We cannot emphasize the importance of practicing at the shooting range. Don’t just site in your gun.
- For those clients who are flying, McCrea Outdoors does include airport shuttle on some hunts only if clients are arriving and departing at certain times. If client fails to schedule their flight within those time periods, they will most likely need to rent a car.
- For those hunters who are driving, they should schedule their arrival for no sooner than 1:00 p.m. the day before hunts begin, and 3:00-4:00 p.m. is ideal.
Camp & Hunt Policies
- On all of our big game hunts, we do enforce a wounded animal policy. If you draw blood, it’s yours.
- Everyone’s safety and well being is our #1 priority, period. Drinking of alcoholic beverages is not allowed while hunting, and McCrea Outdoors reserves the right to not allow client to hunt if client is not of safe mind and being.
- Most McCrea Outdoors hunts are full service hunts and include meals, lodging, guides, skinning, and quartering of game and airport shuttle (within provisions and only if you fly into San Angelo).
- Most hunts include bedding, linens, towels and toiletries.
Shipping of Trophies
- Should McCrea Outdoors have to ship cape and antlers to client’s requested destination, client will be charged for shipping charges, as well as a McCrea Outdoors service charge for crating/handling.
- Gratuities for guides and cooks are customary. Normal amounts vary, but here is a general suggestion. Industry standard is about 10%-15% of your hunt.
Up to $1,500
$1,500 – $3,000
$3,000 – $5,000
$150-$200 (Guide) | $50-$75 (Cook)
$250-$350 (Guide) | $50-$75 (Cook)
$350-$500 (Guide) | $60-$100 (Cook)